- 8 whiting fillets
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 340g can green asparagus spears
- 60g bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 shallots (finely chopped)
- 30g butter
- 1 tbsp. plain flour
- 125ml milk
- 65ml asparagus liquid
- 65ml cream
- 2 tbsp. parsley flakes
- 60g grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to moderate temperature (180 C).
- Sprinkle fish fillets with lemon juice.
- Leave stand for 10 minutes.
- Drain asparagus well, reserving 65ml liquid.
- Mash, drain off excess liquid and reserve this also.
- Combine asparagus with bread crumbs, season with salt and pepper, add beaten egg and shallots.
- Mix well.
- Prepare 4 greased squares of OSO Aluminium foil, and place one fillet on each (thus using 4 of the 8 fillets).
- Spread each fillet with asparagus mixture to cover.
- Top each with a second fillet.
- Wrap foil around fillets, and seal.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 20-25 minutes (or until fish is cooked).
- Remove from foil and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add flour and stir (for 1 minute).
- Gradually add milk, reserved asparagus liquid and cream, stirring constantly (until sauce boils and thickens).
- Stir in parsley and grated cheese.
- Pour sauce over fish.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram