- 1kg whole shell pipies
- 800g small whole shell mussels, cleaned
- 375g packet Hokkien noodles
- 2 x 425g cans crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup (80ml) mild sweet chilli sauce
- ¼ cup (60ml) oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. cornflour
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- Soak pipies in cold water for 2 hours. Change the water twice during soaking.
- Add noodles to large pot boiling water, return to boil, drain well.
- Heat undrained crushed tomatoes, sauces and noodles in wok.
- Add pipies, mussels and blended cornflour and juice, stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Reduce heat, cover, cook a few minutes or until pipies and mussels open.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram