- 4 cooked mud crabs
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 small fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. sweet ground bean sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tsp. cornflour
- ¼ cup water, extra
- Remove shell from crab and remove feathers and quickly rinse away any muck.
- Cut crabs in half and crack nippers with nutcracker or mallet.
- Heat oils in large frying pan or wok, add garlic, ginger and chilli, stir-fry until garlic is lightly brown.
- Add crab in 2 batches, stir-fry for 3 minutes; drain.
- Return all the crabs to the pan, add combined sauce and water; mix well.
- Cover, cook for 3 minutes.
- Blend cornflour with extra water, add to the pan, stir constantly over high heat until mixture boils and thickens.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram