- 6 medium squid barrels
- 500g medium raw prawns, shelled and deveined
- 4 green onions, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 rasher bacon, chopped finely
- 6 small mushrooms, chopped roughly
- 1 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Wash squid barrels well, pat dry.
- Roughly chop prawns and combine with all other ingredients in a bowl- mix well.
- Divide stuffing mix equally into the squid barrels.
- Wrap each barrel in a large piece of alfoil, fold ends to seal.
- Cook the parcels on heated grill plate or barbecue for 25 minutes turning once halfway through cooking.
- Remove barrels from foil and slice into rings.
Serve hot, either as an entrée with extra soy sauce or with steamed rice and salad as a main meal.
Serves 12 as an entrée or 6 as main meal.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram