- 4 quail
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp. cooked rice
- 4 dried apricots, chopped
- ⅛ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. grated orange rind
- 1 tbsp. pine nuts, crushed
- Melted unsalted butter
- 6 tbsp. white wine
- ½ orange, juice of
- Wipe quails with paper towel and season inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Combine cooked rice, chopped apricots, ginger, grated orange rind and pine nuts and moisten with a little melted butter.
- Stuff the quails with the mixture and place them into a roasting pan.
- Brush quails with melted butter.
- Roast in a preheated hot oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to slow heat and roast for an additional 15 minutes, basting frequently with a mixture of wine (which should be reduced by a ⅓), the orange juice and 4 tbsp melted butter.
- Remove the quails to a serving dish and keep warm.
- Taste the liquid in the roasting pan and adjust the seasonings, then pour the liquid over the quails.
- Pour warmed cognac over the quails and carefully light.
Serve at once.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram