- 8 medium squid, cleaned
- Large shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup pipie meat or scallop meat, chopped
- 2 tbsp. dry white wine
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Pinch of thyme
- Pepper to taste
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- Tomato sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
- Rinse squid and drain.
- Chop tentacles coarsely and set aside.
- Sauté shallot and garlic in butter over medium heat in a heavy skillet until soft.
- Add tomatoes, tentacles, pipies or scallops, wine, parsley, thyme, and pepper and cook, stirring over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in bread crumbs and egg.
- Spoon stuffing mix into squid bodies, tie the ends closed with kitchen string and arrange in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover and bake about 1 hour or until tender.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram