- 1 lb ground ostrich
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 8 oz milk
- English muffins or fresh bread slices
- 1 tsp. beef fajita seasoning
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. vegetable shorting
- Lightly brown ostrich in a non-stick skillet.
- Add shortening, cayenne pepper, salt and flour.
- Stir until shortening has melted and flour is completely blended (no lumps).
- Once the mixture starts to bubble, add milk slowly, being careful not to scald yourself with the rising steam.
- Continue stirring until mixture slightly thickens.
- Spoon over toasted muffin or another type of bread.
- Sprinkle paprika over SOS.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram