- 10 to 12 large scallops, thinly sliced
- 200g uncooked pasta
- TOMATO SAUCE
- 6 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 to 2 tbsp. finely chopped basil
- 1 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt and salt to season
- Combine sauce ingredients and leave to stand at room temperature for at least one hour.
- Just before serving cook pasta in plenty of salted water.
- Quickly drain pasta and return to the cooking pot.
- Bury sliced scallops in pasta and pour the sauce over.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid and allow to stand for 2 minutes – the heat from the pasta will lightly cook the scallops a warm the sauce.
- Toss the ingredients together and serve sprinkled with chopped herbs or parmesan cheese.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram