- HONEY-LIME DRESSING
- About ⅓ cup fresh-squeezed lime juice (2-3 limes)
- 5 tsp honey, or to taste
- 1 tbsp white wine or rice vinegar
- ⅕ tsp. salt (about)
- 2 tbsp. grapeseed or peanut oil (about)
- 1kg sea scallop meat patted dry
- Mixed greens (such as pea shoots, watercress or Arugula mix with mesclun)
- 2 handfuls chopped vegetables, such as orange bell peppers and jicama
In a non-reactive bowl whisk together lime juice, honey, vinegar and salt until honey is completely incorporated.
Taste and adjust accordingly.
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add a few scallops to skillet, being careful not to crowd the pan (if scallops are too close, the moisture they emit can’t escape, and scallops will steam not sear).
- Cook 2-4 minutes per side (and at least 30 seconds longer than you think) until golden brown on the outside and scallops can be turned easily.
- Turn and cook just until opaque throughout (remove 1 scallop and cut it open to check).
- Transfer to a plate; repeat with remaining scallops.
- To serve, arrange greens and vegetables on individual plates.
- Place scallops on top.
- Whisk dressing to recombine.
- Then drizzle sparingly over top.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram