- 750g scallop meat
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. chopped ginger
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ bunch basil leaves
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 tsp. orange juice concentrate
- 1 tsp. palm sugar or brown sugar
- ¼ cup of seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp. sweet hot chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp. 5 spice
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Place garlic, ginger, green onions, basil and spinach in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add orange juice concentrate, palm sugar, vinegar, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, chilli sauce and sesame oil and process until smooth.
- Set aside while preparing the scallops.
- Place flour, five-spice, and sesame seeds in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat olive oil until smoking hot.
- Dredge the scallops in the flour and top off excess.
- Place scallops in a hot pan and sear each side about 2 minutes on each side on high heat.
- If the scallops are very large you may want to cut them in half.
- Remove from the pan and serve with green sauce and steamed rice or noodles.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram