- 500g scallop meat
- 3 only whole reef scallops
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped shallots
- ½ cup soft bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped garlic
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Melt ¼ cup of the butter in a small skillet and add the mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring often until the mushrooms are wilted and give up their liquid.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook briefly.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Let cool briefly, then add 2 tbsp. of the remaining butter, the scallop, bread crumbs, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend well.
- Use the mixture to fill 6 scallop shells.
- Arrange the filled shells on a baking dish or cookie sheet.
- Melt the rest of the butter and pour over the mixture in the shells.
- Place in the oven and bake 10 minutes, then broil for 1 minute until nicely browned on top.
Makes 6 entrée serves.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram