- 1kg scallop meat
- Plain flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 medium tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 tbsp. sherry
- 3 large avocados, peeled and quartered
- 300ml cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Remove any dark membrane from scallops, rinse lightly, and drain well.
- Coat in seasoned flour.
- Melt butter in a pan, add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add lime juice, tomatoes, sherry and scallops.
- Cook gently for 2 minutes, then add avocado, cream, salt and pepper.
- Heat through. Do not boil!
Serve immediately garnished with lime wedges.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram