- 500g scallop meat
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 4-6 cloves garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup pouring cream
- 4 spring onions, sliced on an angle
- Splash of white wine
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped chives or parsley
- Fry garlic and onion with oil in a medium-hot pan for 2 minutes, but don’t allow to colour.
- Add scallops, lightly cook on one side for 20 seconds, turn and cook for another 20 seconds and then remove from pan.
- On medium-high heat, add the wine to the pan and reduce for 1 minute.
- Add cream and reduce until the sauce thickens to a nice coating consistency.
- Add scallops, spring onions and gently toss in sauce for about 1 minute.
- Place scallops on to a big mound of rice pilaf and pour the sauce over, then garnish with chives or parsley.
Note: This lovely dish can be enlarged by the addition of prawns.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram