- 4 quail
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 3 cups dense day-old white bread, (cut in 1-inch cubes)
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. shallots, minced
- ½ celery rib, chopped
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 cups raw oysters, chopped, reserve liquid
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to moderate heat.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan.
- Add shallots, onion and celery.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue sautéing for more minute.
- Add the 1 cup of reserved oyster liquid and bring to a simmer
- Add the chopped oysters and cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place into a large bowl with bread cubes and season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- To prepare the quail, season the quail very well, including the inside of the meat, with salt and pepper.
- Stuff each quail with 2 ounces of the stuffing and brush with butter.
- Roast quail about 20 minutes.
Because quail are so small, serve 2 quails per person.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram