- 400ml can coconut cream
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 500gr raw redclaw
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- ¼ cup palm sugar
- 1 tbsp. spicy chutney
- 6 kaffir lime leaves finely sliced
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 4 Star fruit cut in 5mm thick slices
- 2 cups peppered lychees (recipe follows)
- ¼ cup syrup from peppered Lychees
- 1 punnet snow pea sprouts to serve
- PEPPERED LYCHEES
- 1kg lychees
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 2 tbsp. crushed black peppercorns
- Combine coconut cream and garlic in a bowl, add Redclaw and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Strain redclaw and reserve marinade.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a saucepan & add sugar, chutney & lime leaves and cook over medium heat for 1 minute or until sugar and chutney are well combined.
- Add reserved marinade, soy & fish sauce & heat until almost boiling. Add redclaw & simmer gently for 3-5 minutes or until cooked (do not boil as the mixture will curdle). Remove redclaw with a slotted spoon.
- Reserve liquid.
Arrange star fruit on serving plates. Toss redclaw with peppered lychees, lychee syrup, remaining oil and 1 cup of redclaw cooking liquid. Spoon into the centre of arranged star fruit and sprinkle with snowpea sprouts and freshly ground black pepper.
Note: avocados can be used instead of Star fruit; juice and rind of 1 lemon may be substituted for kaffir lime leaf.
- Bring all ingredients to boil & simmer about 15 minutes.
- Spoon into sterilized glass jars, seal and store in the refrigerator.
- Canned lychees can be substituted – drain off syrup and poach lychees as above, reducing cooking time to 5 minutes only.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram