- 1 rabbit (cut into joints)
- 4 rashers bacon, (rind removed & chopped into small pieces)
- 2 sticks celery, (finely chopped)
- 1 large onion, (finely chopped)
- 2 large carrots, (finely chopped)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 tbsp. corn flour, (blended to a paste with some extra milk)
- ¼ cup parsley, (finely chopped)
- Place rabbit in a deep heavy saucepan.
- Add bacon and the vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper then add your milk and water.
- Bring to boil.
- Then cover tightly and simmer for 2 hours until tender, (turning your pieces once or twice).
- Remove rabbit.
- Stir a bit of the juice into your cornflour paste and then mix back into your pot and simmer until sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Last stir in parsley.
- Spoon mixture over your rabbit.
Serve with mashed potato, pumpkin and green vegetables.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram