- 100g rice vermicelli noodles
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. sambal oelek (chilli paste)
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 ¾ cups of coconut milk
- 750gr green king prawns
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1tsp. dried shrimp paste
- 1 tsp. grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup whole coriander leaves
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 2 cups fish stock
- Soak noodles in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Place onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin, coriander and sambal oelek in a food processor and bring to a paste.
- Heat oil in a wok or large saucepan.
- Fry prawns for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Add spice and sambal oelek paste and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add rind, coconut milk and fish stock.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in prawns and simmer for 6 minutes or until prawns change colour.
- Drain noodles.
- Divide noodle, sprouts, coriander leaves and shallots among bowls.
Spoon hot soup over top.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram