- 500g pumpkin
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ¾ cup cream
- 125g cooked, shelled small prawn
- ¼ lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Peel pumpkin, cut into small pieces.
- Put pumpkin and onion in a freezer bag, place on a plate and microwave on High Power for 7 minutes.
- Stand for 2 minutes, then puree in a blender or food processor.
- Place puree and chicken stock in an 8 cup casserole dish and microwave on High Power until boiling, about 7 minutes.
- Finely chop the prawns and mix with lemon juice.
- Stir into the hot soup with the cream.
- Reheat if necessary on medium power for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, sprinkle with parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram