- 2 x 500g (No. 5)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- 5 garlic cloves
- 450g potatoes, peeled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Season poussin, place 2 rosemary sprigs and 2 unpeeled garlic cloves inside the cavity of each bird.
- Reserve, lightly covered, in the fridge.
- Dice potatoes into small cubes and place in a roasting tin. Peel and crush the remaining garlic, and scatter over the potatoes with the chopped onion and a few roughly torn rosemary sprigs.
- Drizzle with 4 tbsp. of oil.
- Then cook in the oven for 20 minutes, turning the potatoes occasionally.
- Place the prepared poussin on a rack, brush with more oil, place over the potatoes and return to oven.
- Cook for a further 40 -50 minutes or until the juices run clear from the thigh when pierced with a skewer.
- Baste poussin occasionally and turn potatoes.
When cooked, place poussin on a serving platter with the potatoes.
Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram