- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1kg pipies, cleaned
- 350 ml dry white wine
- 5 cups chicken stock or fish stock
- 250g Desire potatoes, peeled and cut in large dices
- 150g carrots, peeled and sliced finely
- 150g leeks (white part only), sliced and washed
- 150g celery, sliced and washed
- 1 tbsp. cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp. water
- 100 ml thickened cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Place oil, pipies and white wine in a large pot over high heat. Cook until all have opened.
- Remove pipies and set aside.
- In another pot on medium heat, put the broth and chicken stock together, bring to the boil, add potatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add carrots, leeks, celery and cook until potatoes are cooked, around 8 -10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid out of the vegetables and pour it into the other pot (on high heat); keep vegetables and potatoes aside.
- Bring the pot to the boil, add cornflour mixture, and boil until thickened (around 1 minute). Then add cream, salt and pepper to taste and boil all together for another 30 seconds.
- Add clams and vegetable, bring back to the boil and serve in a big soup bowl or in individual plates.
- Garnish with parsley.
Serve with dry white wine.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram