- 700g squid tubes
- ½ cup sine semolina
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 250ml olive oil, for frying
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Cut each tube open, score a shallow criss-cross pattern on the inside surface, cut into 2cm x 4cm pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the semolina, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok.
- Dip squid into semolina and when the oil is hot, cook a few at a time (until lightly brown and crisp).
- Drain on an absorbent towel and serve with lemon wedges.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram