- 2 dozen oysters in half-shells
- 1 cup béchamel sauce
- 2 tbsp. grated tasty cheese
- ½ tsp. French mustard
- ¼ cup milk or cream
- Extra grated cheese
- Beat 2 tbsp. of grated cheese into the hot béchamel sauce.
- Add ½ tbsp. French mustard and add quarter cup cream or milk.
- Heat but do not boil.
- Remove oyster meat from shells and put aside in a clean container.
- Rinse the oyster shells thoroughly.
- Place a little sauce on each shell, return oysters to their shells and cover with more mornay sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese and place under the grill until lightly browned.
Serve at once.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram