- 3 dozen oysters
- 250g cooked prawn meat
- 5 cups of milk
- 3 cups fish or chicken stock
- 1 cup finely sliced celery
- 1 medium carrot, finely sliced
- 4 shallots, finely sliced
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup milk, extra
- 2 tsp. grated lemon rind
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. natural yoghurt
- Check oysters for grit and remove if necessary.
- Wash and devein prawns and chop into small pieces.
- In a large saucepan, place milk, stock, celery, carrot and shallots.
- Simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Put flour in a bowl and gradually blend in extra milk.
- Pour slowly into pan liquid, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbling.
- Cool slightly and puree in batches in a food processor or blender.
- Return to saucepan and add lemon rind, salt and pepper, oysters and prawns.
- Heat through over gentle heat.
- Pour into a soup tureen and fold in yoghurt.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram