- 225g butter
- 1 tsp. mustard
- A dash of Tabasco sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 x N0. 3 poussins, spatchcocked and beaten flat
- ½ small loaf bread, crust removed, broken into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Take 2/3 of the butter and allow it to soften, and then mix in the mustard, Tabasco sauce or cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce and some salt and pepper.
- Rub this mixture thoroughly over the spatchcocked poussins.
- Lay them in a large oven dish and cover with the bread pieces.
- Dot the remaining butter over the bread pieces.
- Roast in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
If bread pieces start to burn, cover the dish with foil.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram