- 1kg cleaned baby octopus
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 large yellow capsicum, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded & sliced
- ½ cup (80g) seedless black olives
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- ¼ cup (60ml) dry red wine
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp corn flour
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- ¼ cup fresh basil, shredded
Cut the octopus into quarters.
Heat half oil in a wok.
Add octopus in batches, stir-fry until just tender, and remove.
Heat remaining oil in wok; add onions and capsicum stir-fry until onions are just soft.
Add tomatoes, stir-fry.
Add octopus, olives, wine, juice, sugar, garlic, oregano, bay leaves and blended cornflour and water, stir until sauce thickens slightly.
Discard bay leaves, stir in basil.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram