- 4 medium mullet fillets
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cracked peppercorns
- Corn flour for coating fish
- Oil for frying
- Place mullet fillets in a shallow dish.
- Combine onion, lemon juice, sugar and crack peppercorns.
- Pour over fillets.
- Cover and marinate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Drain fish and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Dip both sides in cornflour and shake off excess.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, fry fish over moderate heat until crisp and golden brown on both sides.
- Sprinkle with salt.
Serve with lime or lemon wedges, hot chips and fresh green salad.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram