- 3 mackerel steaks
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 tsp. seafood stock
- 30g butter
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cups of water
- 300ml cream
- 3 cups water, extra
- 1 cup polenta
- Heat oil in a pan over moderate heat.
- Add fish.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes each side, sprinkling steaks with 1 tsp. seafood stock as they cook.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in the same pan.
- Sauté mushrooms and garlic until tender.
- Add water and 2 tsp. seafood stock.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer until reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, bring extra water and remaining seafood stock to boil.
- Blend in polenta, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Keep warm.
- Pour cream into the pan with mushrooms, ad polenta mix and pepper and heat through.
- Pour over fish and serve with salad.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram