- 2 x 500g (No. 5) poussin, halved
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sprig of parsley
- 40gr butter
- 175gr button mushrooms halved
- 2 tbsp. dry sherry
- 4 tbsp. double cream
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Parsley sprigs for garnish
- Brush poussin with lemon juice and oil.
- Season, and scatter with rosemary.
- Grill under medium heat for 20 – 30 minutes, until juices run clear.
- Turn a couple of times during cooking.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and cook mushrooms over high heat stirring continuously.
- Add sherry, and cook a little longer.
- Lower heat and add cream, nutmeg and seasoning.
- Heat gently until heated through.
Serve poussin on a warmed plate, pour over mushrooms and sauce scattered with parsley, accompanied by baby carrots and broad beans or sugar snap peas.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram