- 750g scallop meat
- Plain flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten with 2 tbsp. water
- Cornflake or bread crumbs to coat
- 90gr butter
- 3 tbsp. oil
- Lemon wedges and tartare sauce to serve
- Pat scallops dry with a paper towel.
- Roll in seasoned flour and shake off excess.
- Dip in the egg mixture and then roll in crumbs.
- Chill for 10-15 minutes to chill the crumbs.
- Heat butter and oil in a large heavy-based frying pan.
- Add scallops without crowding the pan – you will probably have to cook them in batches.
- Fry over moderate heat for 2 minutes; each side or until crumbs are golden.
- Be careful not to overcook.
- Drain each batch on paper towels and keep warm on a baking tray in a slow oven.
Serve with lemon wedges and tartare sauce.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram