- 50ml oil
- 100g onion, chopped
- 500g crocodile meat, diced
- 500g potato, cooked and diced
- 375ml curry sauce
- 1kg puff pastry
- 500ml Kaffir lime butter sauce
- Egg wash
- KAFFIR LIME BUTTER SAUCE
- 80g onion, chopped
- 30ml Kaffir lime juice
- 1 Kaffir lime leaf, shredded
- 150ml white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 100ml water
- 200g butter
- 300ml cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season crocodile with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan, sauté first diced the onion and the crocodile.
- Add cooked diced potato, curry sauce and simmer for 5 minutes and allow to cool.
- Roll out puff pastry to a rectangular shape to 3mm thickness and cut 2 large diamond shapes, one bigger than the other.
- Place crocodile mixture in the centre of the smaller piece, brush the sides with egg wash and cover with the other pastry piece.
- Trim to the shape of a crocodile. Using the back of a knife decorate and brush with egg wash. Cut 2 long strips of pastry with a pastry roller and place on the back of the crocodile to look like scales.
- Allow to rest before baking in a moderate oven (180 C-200 C) for about 20 minutes.
Serve with Kaffir Lime Butter Sauce and decorate with green coloured Kaffir lime sauce.
Kaffir Lime Butter Sauce
- Place onion, lime juice, lime leaf, white wine, bay leaf and water in a pot, bring to the boil and simmer to reduce to one third.
- Strain into another pot, add cream and reduce by half.
- Remove from heat and mix in the butter bit by bit.
- Correct seasoning and use as required.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram