- 1 kg mussels
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 60g butter
- 8 shallots, chopped
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 large vegetable stock cube
- ¾ cup cream
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped dill
- Combine mussels and wine in a large saucepan, bring to boil, cover, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove mussels as they open.
- Strain cooking liquid and reserve.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan, add shallots and curry powder, cook for 2 minutes or until shallots are soft.
- Stir in flour, stir constantly over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; gradually add reserved liquid, water, tomato paste and stock cube.
- Return to heat, stir constantly over high heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Add cream, dill and mussels.
- Heat through without boiling.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram