- 2 medium potatoes
- 180g butter
- ½ cup flour
- 4 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 500g cooked crab meat
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 stick celery
- 750ml milk
- ⅔ cup dry white wine
- 250mls water
- 1 cup cream
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and quarter potatoes, cook in boiling salted water until tender.
- Drain and mash well.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add onion and celery.
- Sauté, until onion is transparent.
- Add flour and cook a few moments.
- Remove from heat and slowly stir in milk, water and wine.
- Return to heat and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Season to taste.
- Add lemon juice and potato and simmer slowly, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cream and crab meat.
- Stir in parsley and heat through gently.
Can be put through a blender to give a rich smoothness.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram