- 500g cooked Queensland mud crab meat
- 1 large paw-paw or rockmelon
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped shallots
- Lettuce leaves
For the Salad
- Wash and dry lettuce leaves and shred finely.
- Make mounds of lettuce on 4 plates and pile crab meat on top.
- Peel paw-paw or rockmelon and cut into thin crescents and arrange around the crab.
- Separate the whites from the yolks of the boiled eggs.
- Push the yolks through a sieve and sprinkle over the crabmeat.
- Chop the whites and sprinkle over the lettuce.
- Scatter the chopped shallots all over.
Serve with dressing below.
For the Dressing:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup French dressing
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. finely chopped gherkins
- Salt, pepper and sugar, to taste
Combine all ingredients and season to taste.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram