- Using a sharp knife, score the skin evenly about 4 or 5 times, this allows excess fat from under the skin to escape.
- Heat a suitable oven pan.
- Lightly season the duck portions with a little salt and freshly ground pepper.
- When the pan is hot, place the breasts in skin side down.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the skin begins to brown; turn over and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place into a hot oven 220 C for approximately 8 to 9 minutes.
- When cooked remove from pan and keep warm and allow to rest for about 5 minutes, this will allow the juices to settle.
- The duck breast can be served whole or sliced 3 to 4 times width ways on a 45° angle and fanned out onto the serving plate.
- Alternatively, it can be sliced lengthways again on an angle and presented on the serving plate.
- It is possible to serve the duck portions slightly pink, just adjust the cooking time.
- Always serve sauce under the duck.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram