- 1.5kg squid, cleaned
- 200gr cooked small prawns, optional
- 1 cup diced red or green capsicum
- ½ cup sliced Kalamata olives
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced in rings
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. capers, rinsed
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh oregano or ¾ tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped basil or 1 tsp. dried basil
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cherry tomatoes or tomato wedges
- Cut squid bodies crosswise into 5 - 10mm slices.
- Cut tentacles crosswise in halves or quarters.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil.
- Add squid pieces and simmer 15-30 seconds or until opaque.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, rinse in cold water.
- Drain again and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, toss together cooked squid, prawns if using, bell pepper onion rings, olives, parsley and capers.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, garlic, oregano and basil.
- Using whisk beat the oil in a little at a time.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss to distribute. Season with salt and pepper.
Line a platter or individual plates with lettuce or other salad greens.
Mound salad on greens. Garnish with tomatoes.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram