- 2 red capsicums
- 10 large basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. honey
- 5 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 500g calamari tubes, cleaned
- 100g (3 handfuls) baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Roast the capsicum in a hot oven or over a hot flame until skins blisters, then put them in a plastic bag or covered bowl and allow them to cool. (You can do this a day or two before if you wish).
- When they have cooled, peel away the skin, take out the seeds and finely chop the flesh.
- Put the sliced capsicum in a large bowl with the basil leaves.
- Blend together the lemon juice, brown sugar, curry powder, honey and four tbsp. of the olive oil and pour over the capsicum.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat; add the remaining olive oil and sear the calamari for 2 minutes on each side or until it is cooked.
- Take off the heat, slice into medium-sized rings put back on the heat and cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Add the calamari to the capsicum.
- Toss the spinach leaves through the salad and season to taste.
This is great as an entrée or as a light main meal.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram