- 4 x No. 5 poussin, spatchcocked
- 2 to 3 tbsp. olive oil
- CAJUN SEASONING MIX
- 2 level tbsp. paprika
- 1 level tbsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 2 level tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 level tbsp. dried thyme
- ½ level tsp. salt
- ½ level tsp. chilli powder
- ½ level tsp. ground allspice
Combine the Cajun seasoning mix.
Rub the poussin all over with the olive oil.
Rub Cajun seasoning spices over both sides of each bird; any leftover spices can be stored in a screw-top jar.
Preheat the grill to medium heat.
Grill the spatchcock for 15 minutes each side, brushing occasionally with a little olive oil.
The spatchcock poussin can be cooked on the barbecue, or oven-baked in a preheated oven of 200°C for 40 to 50 minutes.
Poussins are cooked when the juices run clear from the thigh when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram