- 8 quail, split and backbone removed
- 2 litres chicken stock
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs
- 8 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 limes, zest of
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- Bring the chicken stock of the boil.
- Wash the quail and pat dry.
- Place the quail in the boiling stock and return quickly to the boil-cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain and dry the quail and stuff with the herbs and lime zest.
- Brush with oil and season well.
- Cook on a medium BBQ grill for 7-10 minutes, turning regularly.
- Place the cooked quail in a warmed serving dish; pour over the dressing and leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
To make the dressing; whisk all the ingredients together.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram