- 1 kg venison
- 1 can beer
- 3 garlic cloves
- Salt – to taste
- Freshly ground pepper – to taste
- 2 onions – sliced
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- Trim excess fat from venison.
- In a large bowl mix beer, garlic, salt, pepper, onions and bay leaves.
- Add venison. (Marinade should cover meat).
- Marinate in refrigerator for 12 – 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove venison and onions from marinade and place in crockpot.
- Pour 1 cup barbecue sauce over top.
- Cover and cook in crockpot on low for 10 -12 hours.
Serve with remaining barbecue sauce.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram