- 4 quail
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup (60ml) sambal oelek
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Cut quails in half lengthways.
- Combine garlic, sambal, honey, soy sauce, sugar and oil in a large bowl.
- Add quail; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Drain quail over a medium bowl; reserve marinade.
- Place quail or wire rack over a baking dish; brush with reserved marinade.
- Bake, uncovered, in a moderate oven for 15 minutes.
- Increase temperature to hot.
- Bake further for 10 minutes or until quail are crisp and cooked through.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram