- 1kg whole baby octopus, cleaned
- 80ml (⅓ cup) olive oil
- 2 tbsp. drained capers, crushed
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. roughly chopped Italian parsley
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Prepare the octopus – blanch and drain.
Combine and mix in a non-metallic bowl the oil, capers, lemon rind and juice, half the parsley and pepper.
Add the octopus and coat well in the marinade, cover and place in the fridge for 30 mins – 1 hour, turning occasionally.
Use tongs to lift and drain the octopus then place onto a pre-heated b-b-q grill or plate and cook over medium-high heat for 2-4 minutes depending on size, turn 2-3 times.
Remove and sprinkle with remaining parsley before serving.
Serve with a lettuce and vine ripe tomato salad and crusty bread.
Alternatives: Cuttlefish or Squid pieces or green Prawns.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram