- 500g scallop meat, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp. peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 24 green peppercorns, crushed
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled
- 2 tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 40 small white mushrooms
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the lime juice, oil, peppercorns, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Stir in the scallops, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours while they marinate.
- They should become opaque at this time.
- Mash avocado until almost smooth, then add it along with the chives to the marinating scallops (do not drain them) and mix well.
- Set aside for at least ½ hour, and refrigerate.
- About ½ hour before serving the scallops, remove stems from the mushrooms and wipe them to remove any dirt.
- Combine the vegetable oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl, and brush the insides of the mushrooms liberally with the mixture.
- Just before serving, drain the caps and fill with the scallop mixture.
- Garnish scallop ceviche with additional chives, if desired.
- Serves 8.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram